The function of the Internet is as a mediator of the communication that occurs, the communication with the individual, and that each group can be fmembagi resources and information itself. Impact is obtained facilitate activities and events every aspect of human life, which does require internet technology. Internet is the result of scientific research for the purpose muliter goal was initially developed in the United States. Expanding benefits and their role the Internet is also used for educational purposes in the United States, particularly in tinggakat university. In line with the changing times and the benefits provided internet so much. In 1991, the internet can be enjoyed by both the public and group indovidu. Until now, the Internet continues to grow, the use of the internet to berpariasi more interesting to use. Email, instant messaging, video, is an example of the application of the Internet. Until everyone can make buying and selling online without any face-to-face, but that does not diminish confidence antaraindividu or group. Because in today’s Internet technology has a lot of security.
Standart is separangkat rules approved by the collective agreement which determines how something should be done. Internet Standard is a set of rules made by the organization such as ISO, IEEE, ICANN, IANA, and the IETF with the proviso that all devices are tehubung kejaringan internet using the same rules and various kinds of devices can transmit information to each other via the internet. Example applications diantranya internet standards: HTTP, domain registry, TCP / IP, FTP, DNS, WWW and others.
Classification of the types of ISP
ISP (Internet service provider) is a company or organization that provides Internet access service where customers menggukan ISP can gain access to the internet. ISP not only provide Internet access services, ISPs also offer other services to customers such as: VoIP, FTV, webhosting, Applications and media hosting, POP internet access and technical support. ISP offers multiplatform connection options. Connections used by home and small business users are
1. Dial-up access: diap-up using telephone line and modem
2. DSL: same as the Dial-Up, but DSL is faster and menyidiakan kineksi continuously to the Internet
3. Cable modem: connection offered by cable television providers
4. Satellite: computer user is connected via Ethernet to a satellite modem that transmits radio singal to the nearest point of presence or POP in satellite networks.
Internet has a hierarchical structure, the highest hierarchy ISP, ISP POPs connect to point interntet exchange (IXP). In some States the network access point (NAP) between IXP or another NAT bekerjas same for each access to internal and exchange information. There are three classifications of ISP are:
1. Tier1 ISP is the top of the hierarchy
2. ISP TIER2 next level in terms of access to backbone
3. Tier3 furthest from the ISP backbone
The network utility is an additional program that is intended to help the user in evaluating separately or examine the circumstances that occurred in the network.
Examples of utilities in the network
– (Ping) is used to send ICMP echo request packets to the destination address and then wait for the package basasannya of the host that sent the packet. Ping command access menguju traffic destined for a specific IP address
– Traceroute utility yan used to show the path that the packets take from the source to the destination host. Traceroute is a utility to discover routing paths a router.
Roles and responsibilities of the ISP
ISP consists of many teams and divisions are responsible for ensuring that the network operates smoothly and that the service is available. Each team and division have specific roles and responsibilities, as well as a team and division in charge of repair and maintenance of network and customer service to network connectivity problems.